Эта же статья на русском – Имплантация зубов
Implantation is the most effective way to restore lost teeth. You can restore the entire dentition or one incisor. This procedure is an alternative to prosthetics. An implant is your artificial twin tooth, a titanium screw with a thread, a root that is installed in the bone in place of the lost tooth.
Implantation is one of the most popular and expensive procedures in modern dentistry. The implantation of a titanium implant allows you to restore a missing tooth without harming neighboring healthy teeth, unlike bridge prosthetics.
- The implant. It is a screw that is implanted in bone tissue, the base which replaces the root of the tooth. Thanks to it, the prosthesis can withstand chewing loads.
- Abutment. This is the outer part of the structure, which serves to fix the crown.
- The crown. This is the upper part of the implant. It can be ceramic, porcelain, gold or zirconium. It repeats the color and configuration of a natural tooth.
The main idea: the entire structure is designed so that, if necessary, the abutment and crown can be changed without changing the pin (intraosseous part). This approach minimizes damage to the jawbone.
Modern types of dental implantation:
Classical (dental) implantation
The most common, proven way to install dental implants. It allows you to restore any number of missing teeth. On implants installed in the classical way, you can install any prostheses in length, size and volume, including removable ones. In addition, implants serve for decades.
Basal implantation with immediate prosthesis loading
Today it cannot be attributed to modern types of implantation. Among its features is the absence of at least 3 “elements” in a row in the dentition. It is recommended for patients with bone atrophy. This type of implantation has a number of problems and disadvantages which are, for example, not very natural appearance of the teeth; chance of rejection of the implant; the consequences after rejection that will also need to be healed.
The ability to avoid additional surgery to restore the volume of bone tissue may have its advantages in terms of finances and time spent, but there is no need to talk about the reliability of this procedure. Therefore, many leading specialists in the field of implantology now rarely use basal implantation in practice.
This is a new method. Its essence lies in the fact that all incisions are made with a laser beam, not with a scalpel. A laser with a power of 0.5 – 0.7 W is used with wavelength – up to 810 nanometers. Laser implantation of teeth is believed to last less time and is less painful for the patient. This allows you to reduce the dose of anesthetics. The advantage of such an operation is that it occurs completely bloodless.
Among the disadvantages of the procedure is its high cost. The price of laser implantation, depending on the clinic, will differ from the classical one 1.5 – 2 times.
Endosal (intraosseous) implantation
The most advanced type of dental implantation. Its effectiveness is recognized by experts all over the world. The implant is installed in the most natural way – direct insertion into the bone tissue. This guarantees its good survival rate and further functionality. The implant can be in the form of a spiral, cylinder, plate and is applied on both jaws. For this type of implantation, both one-stage and two-stage techniques can be used. We’ll talk about them below.
Intramucous implantation (intramucous)
This technique is also called mini dental implantation. The doctor implants metal implants in the form of buttons, on which the prosthesis itself is subsequently mounted. The only prerequisite for this type of implantation is the thickness of the mucosa – not less than 2.2 mm.
It can also be called single-phase or immediate, but the essence is the same – the teeth are restored quickly and effectively. Its principle assumes that all manipulations are carried out in one stage, and this lasts for 2-3 days.
The doctor makes mini-punctures (without cuts), through these holes an implant is screwed into the bone tissue of the jaw. All this is under a modern anesthetic. The patient does not feel anything, but pressure. That is fast and practical.
This implantation is time-tested. Now it is considered to be the most difficult. But the risk of complications is minimal as the doctor sees well what he is operating. Firstly, he forms the so-called bone lodge making a cut on the gum and tilting its flap. Then he sets up the implant and sutures the gums. The abutment is installed six months after the implant has been done, the crown – one week after the abutment. The advantage of this method is the possibility of using not very expensive implants. You can also pay for services in several stages.
The implant is inserted in the place formed same day with tooth extraction. Most often, this option is used for the front teeth, the so-called smile zone, because the aesthetic component comes to the fore. Also, this implantation can be carried out using monoblock implants with instant loading. The main feature of this method is that the implantation is done simultaneously with the removal.
Express implantation (non-surgical)
This term is more an advertising expression than a scientific one. This implies the usual intraosseous implantation using one-stage technique. This procedure allows you to put teeth in without surgery and in a short time. The implant and the dental crown are installed in 1 visit. It is also called fast dental implantation; nonsuture; bloodless and non-surgical. It is intended, in principle, to lure patients into the implantation procedure. Unfortunately, people who became the admass find out that this method is not suitable for everyone only at the visit. To carry out express implantation, ideal conditions for surgery are needed – the absence of contraindications, sufficient amount of bone tissue and the availability of space for implant placement.
Methods of implantation in the complete absence of teeth:
Trefoil technology (from Eng. “three-lobed leaf”) is a new way of dental implantation. This is a revolutionary solution for the treatment of adentia of the lower jaw. The technique was created exclusively for the restoration of the teeth of the lower jaw with complete adentia. The main feature is that only 3 implants are required to install the prosthesis. The whole procedure is so quick that you need only 1 visit. Today it is the only technology in the world that allows to perform the implantation and immediate prosthetics with a permanent construction in one day.
This implantation is the fixation of permanent prostheses on four implants. They are installed in the area of the upper or lower jaw. These four implants are installed in certain positions in relation to each other: directly, for the implantation of the front teeth, and, at an angle of 35º to 45º, for the lateral teeth. Due to this, and also due to the creation of a large distance between them, the chewing load is adequately distributed and redistributed while functioning. A small number of implants simplifies the operation, makes it faster and more predictable. In addition, it provides an excellent result.
If we compare the All-on-4 technique with the usage of removable dentures, the difference is significant. The risks of mucosal injury, loss of bone tissue, as well as the occurrence of difficulties with fixation and correction are reduced to zero.
The All-on-Six technique is an improved variant of All-on-4 implantation. Two metal roots are vertically fixed in the anterior, another four – in the posterior area at an angle of about 60º. Implants do not affect the maxillary sinuses, as well as the areas with a thin bone layer. In comparison with All-on-4 technique, when using the All-on-6 protocol, the masticatory load is distributed more evenly due to the increased number of implants. Therefore, the strength of fixation of the prosthesis is also better. The whole procedure, from examination to installation of implants, takes no more than 3 days.
When is the best time to install dental implants?
Should it be done immediately after removal, or after a while? This question often confronts us. And we are about to choose the second option of “non-treatment”. Then we come for implantation, years after the removal of the native tooth. That is one of the unforgivable mistakes! Now it will cost much more! Yes, yes, you heard it correctly, EXPENSIVE.
Remember: the longer you put off, the more likely it is that the implant cannot be fixed. A lack of bone tissue volume is not the only drawback in delaying implantation. In places where teeth are missing, the sagging appears (like an old bedspring). As a result, you look older than your age actually is. But … This is fixable, you just need to decide on the procedure.
Can a dental implant be placed immediately after tooth extraction?
Yes. This requires the absence of inflammatory processes in the bone and its sufficient volume. The decision on the implantation technique is made together with the patient at the planning stage when examining a CT scan and oral cavity.
Like any operation, the installation of implants is not allowed for everyone. We highlight the main taboos for the procedure.
- Blood coagulation disorders;
- Mental Illnesses;
- HIV, AIDS;
- Oncology (last stages);
- myocardial infarction);
- Pregnancy (possible only after breastfeeding);
- Autoimmune diseases;
- Pathology of bones (incl. osteoporosis).
Relative contraindications are also such conditions as hypertonicity of the masticatory muscles and grinding of teeth (bruxism). They do not allow the wounds to heal normally, and the prosthesis to fix. If you smoke actively, you have to give this habit up for a long time. If calculus is found, it must be removed immediately. If you have acute periodontitis, you need to undergo a course of treatment. You also must correct malocclusion. Hypersensitivity to anesthetics can also become an obstacle to the operation.
Benefits of Dental Implantation
Dental implants have a range of advantages:
- Reduce the pressure on healthy teeth while chewing: they become less loose and diverge. Everything is distributed evenly.
- Durability. They serve much longer than the crown – 15 years and more and what is possible – for the whole life. Of course, it is true only with proper care and usage (without cracking nuts).
- Installation of the system does not harm neighboring teeth – they are not shortened and not covered with crowns. In general, they are not injured.
- Comfort. It is very easy to get used to them, much faster than to bridges. Literally a day or two after the complete installation, our patients completely forget about the “foreign object” in the mouth. They feel them as “native” teeth.
- No atrophy. The condition of the bone tissue does not worsen.
- Help to improve digestion. Food is better chopped and easier to digest.
- You can install any number of implants.
- Various methods of both implantation and designs allow doctor to choose the best option for each patient.
How long does it take to install a dental implant? The main stages of the classical method:
- Check-up. At the first appointment, when you finally decide on the operation, the doctor examines your oral cavity. It should be healthy (no caries or gum disease) with the exception of missing teeth. If there are problems, the doctor should fix them. This is the most important requirement for the procedure – complete rehabilitation of the oral cavity and good health. Referral to analyzes and consultations of other specialists is given if necessary.
- Analysis and selection. After that, we take a panoramic picture of the teeth and CT scan of the upper and lower jaw. This is necessary to determine the size and density of bone tissue, the location of the channels where the main nerve trunks are, maxillary sinuses and other anatomical features. Based on this, the dental surgeon selects the dental implant system that is right for you. If necessary – conducts bone grafting (increases the volume of bone tissue or “builds up the bone”).
- Installation. It is performed under local anesthesia, but the implantation can be carried out under anesthesia. Dentist installs a dental implant. It takes time for the titanium rod to take root. If the dental implantation takes place without problems, according to a pre-compiled plan, the operation will take from 20 to 40 minutes.
- Removal of sutures. Occurs in 7 – 10 days after the operation. The procedure is painless and takes 5-10 minutes.
- The next stage occurs after 3-6 months. We mean fixing the abutment and installing the crown. You come to the doctor 3 months after the operation for a follow-up examination. Why does it happen this way? The thing is that the length and quality of bone tissue affects the duration of the process. Jaws have also some features. On the lower jaw dental implant gets fused together with the bone faster, during 3 – 4 months, because the bone is thicker. On the upper jaw its volume is less, so the osseointegration period is longer and lasts for 4-6 months. Later, as soon as the doctor notes the engraftment, he fixes the abutment and crown and your smile becomes beautiful and full again.
Possible complications after surgery
- Suture line disruption;
- Edema of gums. It may last for a couple of days after implantation, disappears after a week;
- Pain. It is normal in the first days, but a long duration is a symptom of inflammation or nerve trauma;
- Implant rejection and reimplantation are the most serious problems that arise mainly due to the inappropriate work of the surgeon and non-compliance of hygiene by patient;
- Numbness of the nerve. It should dissapear a few hours after the procedure;
- Bleeding. Slight bleeding in the first days is allowed. Severe bleeding indicates vascular injury or suture line disruption.
How to Care for Dental Implants. Recommendations.
The first 2 weeks:
- For the first two hours, apply an ice pack to your cheek;
- When brushing your teeth, avoid the area of implantation. This is necessary for not to cause mechanical injury;
- Refrain from chewing. The first three days it is strictly forbidden to chew food with implants, they are artificial;
- Avoid too hot / cold food;
- Eliminate smoking and alcohol;
- After each meal rinse teeth with antiseptic;
- Set aside steam bath and sauna;
- Exclude physical activity.
- exclude physical activity.
After 2 weeks:
- Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day;
- Rinse mouth with mouthwash after each meal;
- Use floss to clean the interdental space and gums;
- Visit your dentist every six months.
Experts recommend adding an oral irrigator to a regular brush and paste.
It is not that complicated, isn’t it? Do everything in a timely manner and your new smile will stay amazing for decades.
Why is dental implantation important?
The absence of even one tooth leads to the problem that the remaining teeth change their positions, the distance between them increases and the probability of tooth decay and various gum diseases is higher.
The answer to the question whether to do a tooth implantation or not is clear: of course, yes. Today it is the most progressive method of prosthetics.
How much does it cost to insert a tooth? Price in Dubai
Today, dental implants can be done almost everywhere. The price tag consists of the following components:
- Treatment of teeth and gums, cleaning, building bone tissue;
- The cost of the operation (depending on the method);
- Implant price (depends on the manufacturer);
- Additional details required for prosthetics (gingiva former, screw, abutment and others);
- Payment for the dentist work.
- the prestige of the clinic and the doctor’s rating.
The price of such manipulations implies an individual approach, the presence of various skills as for the doctor, as well as working with expensive and special materials. Not every dentist can create and install implants, but almost every doctor does it, so choosing your master can be quite difficult.
If you have any questions about implantation, contact us by phone number +971 (56) 541-72-70. Also, for the convenience of communication, you can write to us on the same number in WhatsApp – and we will call you back.